“Do I need an account to buy illustrations?”
Nope! Just a credit card or PayPayl account.
“What illustration sizes and file formats do you offer?”
I currently offer three different versions of almost every illustration:
- Small TIFF files (approximately a half-page in size; A5 or 6” × 4”)
- Large TIFF files (approximately a full-page in size; A4 or 8.5” × 11”)
- Vector EPS files (various sizes, but vector files can be sized up or down with no resolution loss)
“What method of payment do you accept?”
These credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Diners, and PayPal. I use Stripe to securely process credit card purchases.
Currency & Pricing
All my prices are in USD. Prices of each illustration vary depending on complexity and size, generally from $1 to $99.
As a Canadian company (I'm based in Vancouver, BC), I do not charge tax… except to Canadian customers. Sorry, eh!
Discounts and coupons
Sign up for my Newsletter to receive news about seasonal coupons and sweet, sweet discounts in my store!
“Do you have Terms & Conditions?”
“I just bought one of your illustrations. How do I open it?”
You may open the illustration file using image editing software such Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. You can also place the illustration immediately into an InDesign layout.
Remember if you open an EPS file in Photoshop, the application will automatically rasterize it and eliminate the vector paths in the file. It may also convert it to another colour model. If you need to resize an EPS file, you should open it in Adobe Illustrator or InDesign; this ensures the vector paths will remain intact.
“Who owns the copyright on these illustrations?”
Me: Luc Latulippe, forever and ever.
“But I paid for it!”
Yes, and thank you. But you have bought a license to use the illustration, not the illustration itself nor its copyright. This license grants you various limited permissions to use these illustrations in your design projects, in accordance with my terms and conditions.
“What can I do with the illustration?”
Of course I can’t anticipate every way you may wish to use the illustrations, but here briefly is an outline of DO’s and DON’T's. If you have any questions please contact me and I’ll be very happy to help you.
It would also be very kind of you to include, when possible, a credit such as: “Illustration by Luc Latulippe” when using the illustration. Each file already includes a small mark with my name, but you're welcome to cover it up or remove it if it's inconvenient for your design needs.
Go ahead and do this:
- Use the illustration in a commercial project, such as:
- a magazine article (“Editorial Illustration”)
- an advertisement campaign
- as artwork for a book (cover or interior; there are limitations on e-books, see below)
- as part of some product packaging
Please don't do this:
- Use the illustration as a logo, or as part of a logo (seeing as hundreds of others may also purchase this image, using it as a logo wouldn't really look good on you)
- Use the illustration as the primary element of merchandise intended for resale (i.e.: graphic t-shirts, art prints, greeting cards, etc…)
- Redistribute or sell the illustration, or use the illustration in a way that allows others to extract and redistribute it
- Claim authorship of the illustration
- Alter or edit any part of the illustration (except to crop it, as mentioned above)
“Are your illustrations ‘Royalty Free?’”
No, they are “Rights Managed.”
“What happens if someone breaks your agreement?”
I’m counting on most customers being very reasonable people, but I expect a few honest mistakes along the way. For those who behave dishonestly, I have a very nice lawyer.
“I think I found someone using your illustrations without permission!”
Short answer: Every purchase here gives you a TWO (2) YEAR NONEXCLUSIVE LICENSE** for unlimited use of that image.
You can use any illustration as part of any sort of design project. You may use the illustrations as often as you like, for the duration of TWO (2) YEARS, in one or more commercial or personal projects (print, web banners, bus shelter ads, etc…). If you need a custom license, please contact me.
** Does not constitute a transfer of copyright
All illustrations purchased from this site were created by and remain the sole property Luc Latulippe.
Read it here. Your privacy is very important to me. I will not sell or redistribute your personal information. I also do not collect any credit card information.